Discord is a compelling software that is used to enable users to share video, audio as well as text with friends and companions in games. Today we will be sharing seven different tips/methods that will fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working in 2022. This will also solve several other problems it comes with, including Audio stutter, low volume, and being quiet along with some black screen.
Note: The below steps apply both to Mac and Windows PC
- The discord app is causing problems, and the audio is not going to the other side while you share the screen.
- The voice settings run into some errors or browsers from where the audio was captured in a failed way.
Below are some troubleshooting tips that I have gathered and tested for you. Let’s get this annoying issue fixed, shall we?
Restart your PC/Laptop – Turn it on and off again?
Well, you now have heard it a thousand times. Turn it on and off again! It always works with technology. I recommend rebooting your system once and relaunching the program and see if that works for you.
ALSO TRY: How To Fix AIGPUSniffer Error in Windows 10.
Uninstall anything you installed recently – It will solve it
It is also believed that many of the installed programs on your PC can atop the discord from working as well. Thus if you see such a problem occurring right after you have downloaded a third-party app, then you need to disable or even at time uninstall the software. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to go to the control panel.
- One there, you need to find out programs > uninstall a program. Over here, you can view by category.
- There in the programs and features, you need to find the application causing problems; once observed, you need to click right on it to uninstall.
- After this, restart your computer system to the effect.
Updating Audio Drivers – Works all the time
If you have an outdated, corrupt, and missing audio driver there on your computer system, then there are chances that the discord screen sharing will have no audio. In a case like this, you need to check the driver’s condition and then download the latest audio drivers. If you have no time as well as energy, later you can also try the Driver Booster that is the number one top driver tool. This shall automatically help to fix the audio issue. For this follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to download, install as well as run Driver Booster.
- After this, click on the scan button, and it shall start searching for all the problems causing drivers available on your device.
- You need to find out the video, sound as well as game controllers, and then update the audio driver.
As you install the latest driver for speaker or microphone, try opening discord and share screen to check if the audio is available.
Discord comes with an option to detect automatically when there is an audio activity and then transmit it over the internet accordingly. Thus with the beta feature of screen sharing with audio, can lead to different problems and create many issues.
Now the alternative is that you stop the automatic detection of audio activity that is being carried out and then switch towards push to talk. In this, you need to push a specific key that is specified in the settings of your application manually for the audio to be captured and transmitted; therefore, you need to be aware of the drawback. Once discord gets stable enough to work, you always have the option to undo the operation.
Avoid fullscreen – Its a feature not a bug
One of the bugs that we came across where the screen share utility was seen malfunctioning was when the user’s focus game or app was in the full-screen mode. This is conflicted with discord somehow on permissions, and access to the game does not allow the audio to transmit correctly.
Therefore you should use the app or game in a minimized format. Before you opt for this solution, make sure to restart your computer system. You can change the settings quickly and set the video option on windowed mode as in the applications; you can adjust the sides very quickly.
Add a Discord Bot or a Third-party plugin
It is a fact that if you wish to share a video, audio, or text on discord, then you need to add the program to the dispute. Like this, you can share audio or video with your friends. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Click on the settings icon.
- Once there, you need to find app settings > game activity and then try adding it.
- After this select a program
- Then decide to add a game and turn the overlay on for the program
Once you have added the program on discord, you can start sharing the screen with audio like from some users the sound from Google chrome shall be accessible when you only share the screen. Otherwise, you should NOT see it there. Here is how you can add bots to make a more fun chatting experience.
Note: keep in mind that if the discord no audio issue comes to your computer system only when you share a screen on browsers like Google chrome, then there is a need to try sharing a screen on other browsers like Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox and others. Okay, so now, if this discord works best on another app, then it means that the problem is there in your browser’s audio infrastructure.
Reset Discord Voice Settings
At times the shared screen has no sound because the voice settings of discord are corrupt. In such a case, you need to take out time and reset the settings to make it work. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to open the software.
- Once done, in the right corner, click on settings.
- After this, you need to find out voice and video and then choose to reset the voice settings.
- Click on ok to confirm the settings.
I hope this page has helped you in fixing the Discord screen share audio not working issue in Windows or Mac. There are various other symptoms that you see, which include sound being entire, unavailable, and stutter.
Have any alternative ways of solving the problem? Let us know in the comments below!