I always had wondered and asked my self a question “How old is my iPhone?”. When was my phone made or how long since I have had it in my possession? These do come in your mind when you are looking to upgrading your phone or if it starts feeling slow or the photos are not looking great!
Wait, that’s not it!
We will go further and also discuss how to check when it was activated, it’s not magic! It’s simple.
How Old is My Apple iPhone?
To check how old your new iPhone is you must know about the serial number of your phone. For this you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step you need to go to settings.
- Then general > about.
- Here you shall see your phone’s serial number.
RELATED READ: Ultimate iOS Security Guide – Secure your iPhone/iPad.
Chipmunk iPhone Age Checking Tool
This website uses your phone’s serial number to tell. For this you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step you need to go to the chipmunk online tool.
- Then enter the serial number of your iPhone on it.
- After this, you need to click on the “laat de informative zien” button to show information regarding your phone.
- There on the next page, you shall be able to see the year of production as well as the week of your iPhone.
As you know regarding the year of production you can now easily calculate how old your iPhone is.
RELATED READ: Best Method To Download Free MP3 Music Online.
Check on Apple Website for when your Phone was made
For this you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to go to the official website.
- Then go to the check coverage page.
- On it enter the serial number.
- Once you have entered, you need to type in the verification code.
- Hit continue.
- On the next page, you shall see the iPhone warrant and support information.
- This shall show you the warranty period on your phone through which you can determine the age of your iPhone.
RELATED READ: iOS 14 Beta Profile Free Download For iPhone and iPad.
Through serial number
Through serial numbers, you can find out the year of manufacture of your phone. As you know that there are 12 digits in the serial number, you just need to focus on the 4th digit and then check the following picture.
How often should you replace your iPhone
People have different tastes in mobiles just like they have different tastes in food. How often users change their phone depend on their taste as well as what kind of a user you are. Keep in mind the following points in your mind:
- Apple version is outdated – Always check if new iOS is still supported
You need to replace your phone when the manufacturer of your device refuses to release a new system update. Suck kinds of phones are more prone to attacks as like this you lose all the support for security updates along with the applications you use and love the most.
- It gets too slow – OS updates are to blame
The most annoying thing is to turn your iPhone on and wait for it to start plus when the device takes too much time to respond after a call. If all this seems to happen then don’t wait and get a new phone of your choice.
- Out of Storage – Simple one to miss
Now if you run out of storage then you do not need to buy a new phone what you can do is save all the photos, videos and even install more applications by expanding the internal memory of the phone. Moreover, you can also clean and delete the files or apps you do not use anymore.
- The battery runs out quickly? – Check within the battery health settings
Do know that the battery of any electronic device comes with a specific life span; the more you use it the more it drains away. This is a natural process. If this is happening then it means you need to replace your battery, but if you have reached the other point then you need to buy a new phone.
- Your pictures are getting uglier – Opinion
This may seem to be trivial for many users out there but for some, this is quite a good reason to get a new phone. This is why smartphone devices are making cameras go all extinct. The reason might be that your phone’s lens was bumped or scratched at some point and this can affect the quality of your photos as well as videos.
RELATED READ: Download iOS 14 Jailbreak Windows/No Computer.
Is your phone really that old?
Phones really do age in this era. Do you know why? It’s because there are new designs and innovations happening such as the new folding phones (Galaxy Fold 2) from Samsung. Do let us know if you have any other alternate ways of finding how old is your iPhone.