So have you guys heard the buzz about the new Apple mobile software iOS 13, yes it has been finally released! The best part you can now download it on your iPhone as well as an iPod touch. The new software is packed with the latest tweaks and enhancements and all of this introduces some new features including the much-awaited dark mode.
First things first, you need to install the new update, and then you can make use of all the new features. In this guide, we will highlight for you that how you can update your iPhone or iPod touch to iOS 13. This page will show you how to download and install iOS 13 early.
Note: for the very first, the iPad has a separate way and is no longer tied to iOS. Such as iPads will not receive iOS 13 but will get its OS known as the iPadOS.
- 1 IOS 13 – Compatible Devices
- 2 How to Register for iOS 13 Public Beta and Install it now?
- 3 Make a Backup of everything necessary on iCloud
- 4 How to Download and Install iOS 13 on iPhone, iPad, and iPod (2019)
- 5 How to go back from iOS 13 to iOS 12 if something goes wrong
- 6 How to Restore to iOS 12 from iCloud Backup
- 7 How to Restore to iOS 12 from iTunes Backup
- 8 Are you going to install iOS 13?
IOS 13 – Compatible Devices
You have first to make sure that your device is capable of running iOS 13. As we all know that Apple supports the older devices with new software updates, but some older iPhones that were eligible for iOS 12 shall not be getting iOS 13. So, don’t have the assumptions that you shall get iOS 13 just because you received iOS 13. Following devices will support iOS 13:
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS and XS Max
How to Register for iOS 13 Public Beta and Install it now?
For now, only the iOS 13 beta is available, and the user needs to enroll in the iOS beta program to get access. To register for the iOS 13 public beta, you need to go to the apple’s beta software program website and to enroll you have to hit the sign up button
Spend some time here, and this shall help you find out more about the iOS 13 and go through the FAQ’s to get a better idea of what to expect.
It is highly recommended to back up your device before installing any update, and it’s essential when you get yourself involved in software betas. Backing up data is very important as it ensures that it shall be easy to restore your device and install the iOS beta if anything goes wrong.
Your iphone or iPod can be updated using apple’s iCloud or by connecting your device to a PC via iTunes or to a Mac.
Make a Backup of everything necessary on iCloud
The best and easiest way out there to back up your data is by using iCloud. You can do it in the following steps:
- In the first step, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Now go to settings, then select your name and click on iCloud
- If you are an iOS 10.2 user or earlier, then you will have to scroll down and then tap on the iCloud option
- Now scroll down and tap on the iCloud backup and select backup now. If you have iOS 12.2 or earlier just tap backup.
Head back to settings to know whether he is completed or not. For this go to settings > iCloud storage,> manage storage and then tap on your device on the list.
The macOS 10.15 has made way with Apple’s iTunes and has replaced it with separate applications for books, music, and podcasts. Thus, you can still manage to back up your iOS device with the new macOS. You can do it in the following manner:
- In the first step, you need to connect your iPhone or iPod to your Mac and be sure that it is up to date
- Follow the on-screen instructions that pop up like you need to enter the passcode of your device or trust this computer.
- Now open the Finder application
- From the sidebar select iPhone
- Soon hit the general tab
- Click on the back up soon to manually back up to your Mac.
How to Download and Install iOS 13 on iPhone, iPad, and iPod (2019)
An easy way to download and install the new iOS 13 on your iPhone or iPod touch is by downloading it over the air. You can do it in the following way:
- In the first step, you need to visit the apple beta software program website
- Then sign in using your Apple ID and agree with the terms and conditions
- Then you need to click on “enroll your devices link” and then head towards the iOS tab
- To install profile section, you need to scroll down and then click on the download profile link
- Once your download is done, go to settings
- After this, a message will pop up saying the profile can be installed
- Now click on this and fit the profile
- After this, your phone will restart
- Now go to settings then general and then software update
- Your device will no look for updates and notification regarding iOS 13 will pop up
- Click on download and install
- It will take some time to update, and during this, you will not be able to use our iPhone.
How to go back from iOS 13 to iOS 12 if something goes wrong
Are you annoyed with the prelease buds and issues after downloading and installing the latest iOS 13? Those backups were created before we started. Remember? Those, however, will be handy here. Follow the steps to roll back from iOS 13 to iOS 12:
- So for you to go back to iOS 12, first of all, you need to put your phone in the recovery mode
- Power off your iPhone by holding the power button or the volume button and then slide to power off
- Now you need to plug in your phone in your computer through an iPhone capable
- An iPhone with a face enable ID you need to hold the top button until you see the recovery mode icon
- For an iPhone 8 or 8 plus, you need to press and hold the side button until you see it
- For an iPhone 7, seven plus or 7th generation iPod touch you need to keep the down volume button until you see the icon
- For an iPhone 6s or older than this, you need to hold the side or top button until you the image
- Now click the restore button on the iTunes pop up
- Click on restore and update for confirmation
- The iOS 12 update shall appear, now press next
- Agree with all the terms and conditions by clicking on it
- As the update is done, you shall have iOS 12 installed on your device. to get your data, you need to restore it from your iCloud iTunes backup
- You need to follow the instructions carefully depending upon the type of backup you made.
How to Restore to iOS 12 from iCloud Backup
You can restore the iCloud backup in the following way:
- In the first step, from the apps and data screen click on restore from iCloud backup and then sign in to iCloud
- Now you need to click on choose back up and choose the backup you made before installing iOS 13
- You need to be sure in selecting the right back up.
How to Restore to iOS 12 from iTunes Backup
You can restore the iTunes backup in the following way:
- From the apps and data screen, you need to click on restore from iTunes backup
- Now you need to connect your device with your system through a cable and open iTunes on this and then click on “trust this computer.”
- Now in iTunes, you need to select your device and then hit summary and press the restore back up button
- Now pick back up from when your device was running on iOS 12
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to your PC until it finishes synching
UPDATE: I would recommend you download iOS 14 beta profile to try the new OS. It comes with a new home screen, AR Apps, and more.
Are you going to install iOS 13?
In this guide, we have highlighted for you regarding how you can download the latest Apple iOS 13 on your iPhone. I would personally advise you to upgrade to iOS 13 because of new privacy features. Apple has always valued privacy and encryption.