Frustrated because you couldn’t save that lovely clip you just watched online? Well, this article teaches you how to download videos from any website in Google Chrome or Firefox.
It becomes effortless to download a specific video that has a download button along with it. However, many video-sharing websites do not permit downloading videos to protect copyrights, or there might not be a significant demand for downloading their videos. However, today with the help of tools, users can download their favorite videos from different websites even they did not have a download button with them.
There are many scenarios at the time you may want to download a video that you see on a news site or wish to save a youtube video to your computer system. If you are seeing a free movie online and want to download it or save it to watch it some other time, then you have to download the specific video.
People often assume that it is not possible to download a video from the internet well downloading a video may be hard, but it’s not impossible. For this, you can always use different video downloaders, but along with them, you must browse tricks as well to reveal all the hidden download links.
Now keep one thing in your mind that you need to be careful of the website from which you are downloading the video as well as the copyrights law that you may be breaking. There are many videos on different sites that cannot be downloaded as their owner has not been permitted to download them.
Best 2 Ways on How to Download a Video from a Website
Use a Reliable Video Downloader Software
There are times when you wish to download a specific video but cannot find the download button near them. Don’t worry; you can always use the downloader tool to download your favorite video. This is the easiest way to do so. Now, these are deemed to be specially made applications and programs that are designed in a way to extract videos from different webpages.
The best of all is catch.tube. It comes in free. It can work on different popular websites like CNN, twitter, Youtube, Facebook Tumblr, and many more. If you wish to use this, you need to visit the site and paste the URL that carries your video to download.
There are other video downloaders as well. These are as followed:
- Chrome extension video downloader.
Download a Video from a Site in Any Browser
Keep in mind that each website carries a code that you cannot see unless and until you peek behind the scenes, and every video that enjoys watching is being streamed from a different video. You can reach a downloadable link if you can find the source link from within the code.
The best example of this is youtube videos. There comes in a lot of requests to download videos from youtube, and no wonder there are many tools with which you can do this (a lot that charge as well). You may be surprised to see that now you can save a youtube video by just a simple browser hack, and you can download an entire youtube playlist as well all at once.
The web browser of a desktop loads a youtube video quite differently than that of a mobile. Here you need to request the youtube video as if you are a mobile device. As you load the page, you would be able to see a link only if you uncover the source code of the page. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to open Firefox, and then go to about: config. Treat it just like a URL and enter it into the navigation area that is there at the top of the browser.
- You need to click right in the space and then go to New > string.
- After this, you need to name it as general.useragent.override and then put the following code.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/1.0 Mobile/12F69 Safari/600.1.4
- After this, you need to open a new tab and find the youtube video that you wish to download.
- Play the video for a few seconds if there comes in an ad let it finish
- Then click right on the video and select inspect element
- Then open a new window, in here find “<div id=” player” and click the arrow to its left to expand it and do the same for “<div id =” movie player” below it and <div class =” htlm5-video-container” below that
- Now below this comes a long URL following itemprop = “image” data-original=”. You need to double-click on it to see the full URLs. Click right on it and choose to copy.
- Now in Firefox, open a new tab and enter it there in the navigation bar.
- Click right on the video in the tab and choose to save the video.
- To save the Youtube video, you need to download videoplayback.mp4 on your computer system. You can wish to rename it as you want.
- Then go back to the tab that has the user name agent setting, click right on the new string that has been made, and select reset to return Firefox towards desktop mode.
Another example of this can be a CNN weather video that does not have a download link on its surface. Keep in mind that the source will show a simple MP4 download link once you turn Firefox into mobile mode and refresh the page.
This technique doesn’t need to work for all the videos as on other websites, the videos do not carry a mobile version of their pages, but a similar method may work for you. So best of LUCK!
Recommended tutorials to read:
- How to Download Private Facebook Videos – FB Video Downloader.
- How to Download Torrent Files Anonymously and Safely Online.
- Best Web Browsers for Privacy and Security in 2022 – [Comparison Chart].
- What is Google Chrome Elevation Service and How to Disable it?
Any other ways to download videos from a website?
So this was how to download a video from any website using Google Chrome or Firefox. There are various ways that work too but are temperamental.