If you are Apple user and have iTunes installed on your PC, I bet you are bored with the same old look, right? This tutorial will show how to enable and use iTunes Dark Mode on Windows 10/Windows 11 PC 2021.
If you are day and night user of computers and have become an addict, then it can lead to insomnia and eye strains, especially when your display screen brightness is set to high, according to Wired.
Many VJ’s, DJ’s and music producers who use it all day long on their computer system or Mac to play and enjoy music look steadily at the screen light. We have found a way that can help our eyes when we work on it for longer hours.
We will also address an issue where iTunes Dark Mode is not working, so stay tuned and keep reading below!
What is iTunes Dark Mode on Windows?
The current settings allow users to darken the menu bar and help all the crazy users from the screen light. Let’s get into its detail now.
This is a private radio broadcaster, media player, media library and mobile device management app. It got developed by Apple Inc. It was released back in 2001. Use this to play, download and organize digital multimedia files such as music and video on your PC that runs Windows and macOS OS.
Apple, with the latest macOS, accounted for a new feature known as the Dark Mode. It turns everything black on the system. The theme and color contrast in this turn to grey colors. This includes the search bar, system preferences, Finder, iTunes, App Dock, safari, and many others.
Users will experience and enjoy a new look with this new feature. The entire interface changes to a black theme or background. Now with this, all the messages on iTunes will get white color with a black background.
How to use and enable iTunes Dark Mode on Windows 10/11 2021 (Step-by-Step)
macOS carries a dark mode feature that attracts most of the users. If you are a windows 10 user and want to enjoy this feature on your computer system or laptop, then you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to search for settings there in the search bar.
- Now as you get the setting window, click on the personalization option.
- Then click on colors on the left side.
- As the colors option opens on the screen, scroll down and hit dark mode.
- Clicking on “Dark” shall enable it automatically on your Mac.
Now when you open iTunes after following these steps, you shall see the result of dark mode.
How to Enable iTunes Dark Mode on Apple Mac
Apple has added this feature officially to macOS Mojave and even Catalina unofficially. All the users out there got this along with it. The best part is that it is straightforward and easy to enable dark mode on Mac. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to click on the logo in the left upper corner.
- Then select system preference.
- Click on general.
- Now when the general tab opens, on the appearance option, click on dark mode.
The next time you open the iTunes application after following these steps, you shall see it opening. So, enjoy it and save your eyes from the blue light.
Benefits of having iTunes in Dark Mode
It carries everything that you require to entertain yourself. With this you can:
- Users can organize as well as play their favorite music and video.
- Play or download unlimited songs with apple music that too with a paid subscription.
- Users can find music, films, TV programs, audiobooks, free podcasts, and much more there from the iTunes store.
- Can set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod and add music, video and much more to it.
Do the following with it:
- Play your favorite music.
- Join the Apple Music service.
- Able to play Beats 1 or Apple Music Radio.
- With this screen, glare is reduced and minimizes blur light and flickering.
- Saves a lot of energy mainly if your device uses an AMOLED or OLED screen.
- As the dark text on a white background is best for reading purposes this, it reduced eye strain in low light conditions.
- It is not always better as in the bright light conditions the text appears to be washed out, leading to an increase in eye fatigue.
- Long texts are hard yet challenging to read in this mode however, may also save you some battery life.
Fix iTunes Dark Mode not Working in Windows 10 and Windows 11
We have also seen people complaining about iTunes dark mode not working so we have 5 potential fixes below:
- Re-install from scratch, use the latest version.
- Restart your computer; you know the drill.
- Make sure not to have any themes installed on the PC.
- Check if you have followed all the steps above carefully and not missed any.
- Make sure any antivirus is not interrupting the changes being made.
NOTE: The above methods have been tested on both iTunes 12 and 12.9 and are confirmed to work.
Update: Above tutorial has been updated for 2021.
Dark Mode is the new trend as it seems since it kicked off from being officially released in OS updates and now to the software! After reading the article above, you should now know how to enable iTunes Dark Mode on Windows 10/Windows 11 2021. Please let us know in the comments how you like the changes.