Do you ever wish to get someone’s Instagram IP address? Interested to know from the particular country you received the DM from? Ever wanted to know where your Instagram buddy lives? If these are the questions that haunt you, then you have landed at the right place. We will let you know to find as well as track the IP of an Instagram user. This page will teach you everything about how to find the IP address of an Instagram account.
If anyone of you is not aware of what an IP is, then we must say that an IP address is numerical, which consists of 4 numbers, each of which are separated by a period. Like for example, 79.453.342.43. Now let’s see what techniques one can use to did in an Instagram IP address:
How to Get Instagram Account IP Address – 4 Methods to Find an Instagram IP Address
Finding Instagram Account IP Address with IP Grabbers
To find the IP address of an Instagram user, you can use an IP grabbing tool. For this, you need to follow the steps below
- In the first step, you need to follow the person whose IP address you want to find and then DM him or her a URL that is specially crafted
- The unique URL is a regular link to which when someone clicks on it grabs or records the IP address and logs it into the server of the website before serving you the website content
- After this, the user who has crafted this particular URL can log in into his account and check the recorded IP address
- For this, the tool we have used is the Grabify’s server:
- In this when the person whose IP address you want to know clicks on the link, his IP address is recorded on the server of Grabify
- To check for the recorded IP, you need to go to the Grabify’s website
- Then enter your Tracking code to view your link information page (tracking data)
- In the link information page, the logged IP addresses are shown below:
I hope this will help you to find out the IP address of the Instagram account you have targeted. As you get the IP, with the help of the Geolocation service, you can find out the exact location of the Instagram user that is tracking Instagram account IP address.
Finding Instagram Account IP Address from Email
If you want to get the IP address of an email that is sent to you by Instagram, then you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to open the email of the client
- Then look at the header of the message
- If you are using Mac, then you need to click on View> Message> All Headers
- If you are on a computer system, then you need to click on options > Dialogue Box Launcher> Message options dialogue box (properties) > Internet Headers
- Now next to the received section you need to look out for something like “from…” being followed by the IP address
- Copy this IP address on the clipboard
- You need to check whether it is true or not if the message says received from mx-out.instagram.com
- If you are using windows, then you need to make one change rather than pinging the address you need to use the whois check
- On the command prompt, you need to type whois (IP no) and hit enter
- Once you do this the information shall be transported to the database, database query shall be performed, and it will be back to you with registration information for the IP address
- This will help you know whether the message was sent to you by Twitter or nor
- You will also be getting some complete address of the domain registrar
- If you do not wish to use your computer system to find regarding whois information or do not have the permission, then all you can do is use an online service like ip-lookup.net to find it. This will work in the same way and get the whois information of the particular person.
Finding Instagram IP Address via Command Prompt (CMD)
If you want to see the IP address of the Instagram Website, then you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to click on start
- Then go to All programs
- Click on accessories
- You will see a command prompt where you will be able to ping the URL of the website whose IP address you are willing to find
- By doing this, you will be sending away a signal towards the URL that you are interested in, which will then bounce back along with the information of the website that is attached
- You will also get to know how long it takes for the round trip
Now let us see how all of this works
- You need to type in the “ping URL” _ where URL is instagram.com or www.facebook.com.
- After this, you need to hit the enter button
- Once done you shall receive an IP address that appears along with the name of the website
- Moreover, along with the time in milliseconds, it takes for the entire operation or to ping a particular website.
ALSO READ: How to Hack an Instagram Account Password.
How to Get the Location of someone’s Instagram IP Address
Now once you have successfully found the IP of an Instagram user, what the next step is? We do get more information regarding the user like his exact location, where he lives, what ISP he is using, and much more. With the help of this IP address, you can perform things very quickly.
You need to Google regarding the “IP Geolocation,” after this, you will find large numbers of websites that will offer you to find the geo-location of the person using their IP address.
You can also read about the tracer user location by using the IP and user agent, and all these readings will help you to see which internet service provider (ISP) the person is using or whether he or she is using an ISP that belongs to a company. You can also find out not the exact but the approximate physical location of the person.
Such services are, however, limited as you cannot find out the name of the person who is using the IP address as the ISPs are wary of revealing these kinds of information. Government agencies are the only ones who can ask them for this kind of information, or you can use a court order and force them to be a part of the data if it is of prior reasons.
Is your Instagram Account IP Address Hidden?
I hope you have learned how to find the IP address of an Instagram Account. Whenever we receive a DM on Instagram, the first thing that hits us that where is it from, and we start staking the particular person to get all our answers. We fail most of the time. I would personally recommend you to install a VPN to keep your identity hidden. HMA! Pro VPN is a free-to-use VPN which you can download and hide your IP address.