We all are well aware that Windows 10 carries the best features and provides a lot of ease to its users. This article will teach you how to Install and Configure PCSX2 on Windows 10 to play Playstation 2 games on PC in 2020. We have also provided all the download links for the PCSX2 Emulator and the best PS2 BIOS too.
It comes with an operating system that is recommended for all the games out there. The users of the Windows 10 platform in-stream platform are increasing rapidly day by day.
The PCSX2 is a Playstation 2 emulator that is dedicated and updated by keeping windows 10 in mind. It is seen as the most advanced gaming operating system out there that is packed with the advanced O. It runs efficiently on all the platforms of Windows 10. Follow through the article to get to know about the most natural step by step methods.
- 1 What is PCSX2?
- 2 PCSX2 Emulator Download for Windows 10
- 3 Download Playstation 2 PCSX2 BIOS
- 4 How to Install and Configure PCSX2 on Windows 10 to Play Playstation 2 Games on your PC 2020
- 5 PCSX2 New Features and Changes for Windows 10
- 6 Minimum requirements to run PCSX2
- 7 PCSX2 Recommended System Requirements
- 8 PCSX2 Lag Fix for Windows 10
- 9 Which Playstation 2 Games are you playing on PC in 2020?
What is PCSX2?
It is an emulator of PS2 for both Linux and Windows. It began by the team behind PCSX back in the 2000s and, as late as 2013, continued with its development. By mid-2007, it achieved playable speeds, and the new version increased speed and compatibility, thus making it both the ultimate solution for PS2 emulation and instrument to maintain its PS2 legacy there in the modern world. Although it is not entirely perfect still the program can emulate successfully most of the commercial level PS2 games with excellent visuals and playable speeds.
Now the Emulator uses a plugin architecture that makes it possible to expand its capabilities by installing additional plugins. Though the plugins are numbered and are unable to increase their quantity and its approach is still solid shortly, therefore it is much likely possible to change to the updated version of the plugins without even changing the main program version and vice versa. By the year 2010, the program was able to run both on 34-bit and 64-bit windows OSes and uses not more than two cores on multi-core CPUs.
There lies a possibility that the number of useful cores may increase shortly. Still, it remains unknown that when it shall happen as the division of the general emulation into two or more is quite hard and seen as a difficult task. The original PS2 hardware comes in with many CPUs, and the correct timing between emulated CPUs is quite complicated without further dividing each CPU into more than one thread. Although MAC OS X is not supported officially, users are still able to run PCSX2 under it.
PCSX2 Emulator Download for Windows 10
Before you even begin, you need the Emulator itself. Below is the free download link for PCSX2 for Windows 10 in the latest version:
Download Playstation 2 PCSX2 BIOS
You thought that was it? No, there is more to this configuration guide then you thought it would be. Once you have the actual PCSX2 Emulator downloaded, you will need the BIOS too.
How to Install and Configure PCSX2 on Windows 10 to Play Playstation 2 Games on your PC 2020
If you wish to install and configure PCSX2 on windows ten then you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to download the PCSX2 package from the official website of PCSX2
- Once done with the installation, you need to install the PCSX2 PS2 Emulator
- Then you need to close down all the components that are required for installation
- After this, you need to select the path of installation
- Then you need to install all the dependencies that are needed for the PCSX2
- You need to get the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and Direct X web installer. Keep in mind for this step to take place, and for a complete installation, you need a good internet connection.
- Then there shall be the PCSX2 first-time configuration
- You need to select the language
- Then you will see the plugin configurations
- After this shall be the BIOS ROM configuration. Now keep in mind that you can get your PS2 console and dump it down by using the PS2 dumper, and after this, it shall work for you.
- Begin with starting PCSX2
- Then there is the post PCSX2 setup configuration
- Here you need to go to configuration, then click on video G5, go to the plugin settings and select graphics adaptor and then finally click on the OK button.
- After this, you need to set up your PS2 gamepad. For this you need to go to configurations > controllers pad > then the plugin settings > pad one> you need to assign the controllers > finally hit the OK button
- Now you can begin to play the PS2 games for this. You need to click on CDVD > ISO selector > Browse > Open > system > boot CDVD (fast).
PCSX2 New Features and Changes for Windows 10
- It acts as a Recompiler for Emotion Engine (EE), Vector Unit 0 (VU0), and Vector Unit 1 (VU1). They can be used to translate few parts of the original PS2 machine code into the X86 machine code. It speeds up the emulation. These Recompilers are seemed to be the most challenging part in PCSX2 because PS2 machine code is a different language than x86 machine code.
- It comes with dual-core support that allows the PCSX2 to use up to 2 cores of CPU that speed up the Emulator significantly.
- The proper SPU2 emulation is used to help reproduce the PS2 audio or even the enhanced audio on the computer system that is not seen as a trivial task witnessing the lack of documentation and because it needs to synchronize with many other emulated processors.
- It comes with full gamepad support that makes it possible to emulate every dual shock of two features.
- It has a patch system that is used to create cheats very easily. It is also used to skip codes where the emulation is seen broken. Such a feature is straightforward to use and quite user-friendly as well.
- Additional optimization hacks are there to speed up the emulation. Thanks to this feature you shall be able to play some games on a lower-end machine
- It comes with a fully working mem card support.
- It comes with a fully working IPU support that is responsible for FMV – the video cuts scenes need to run most of the time correctly.
The PCSX2 is an open-source project, which means that anyone can join its team or fork the PCSX2 project if they wish to contribute. The best part is that you shall not be charged for using the Emulator plus the PL guarantees that you shall never be. You can, however, provide with donations, which motivates the developers to continue with their work.
Minimum requirements to run PCSX2
The following are the minimum requirements to run PCSX2. Keep in mind that most of the games shall be unplayable slow:
- OS: Windows or Linux Operating System
- CPU: Anyone that can provide support to SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
- GPU: Anyone that can provide support to Pixel Shader model 2.0, except Nvidia FX series (broken SM2.0, too slow anyway)
- 512MB RAM, keep in mind that Windows Vista needs at least 2GB to run on reliable terms.
PCSX2 Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) and Windows 10 with the latest DirectX
- CPU with an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
- GPU with 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
- RAM that is 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7
You need to keep the following things on your mind:
- If you wish to use the GSDx’s direct 3D 10 or 11 hardware rendered then you need to have a video card and OS that can support DirectX 10 (Windows Vista and NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS or ATi Radeon 2400 Pro are the minimum software and hardware, respectively, that Support DirectX 10)
- If you want to use GSdx-SSSE3, then you need to have a CPU that can support SSSE3 (inter-core 2 Duo or AMD FX are the minimum CPUs that can support this. To use DSdx-SSE4.1, you need to have a CPU that can support SSE4 (Intel core 2 45 nm CPU or AMD FX are the minimum CPUs that can provide support to this.
The PCSX2 can run on Linux but lower speeds, and at times, even worse experiences are seen, and the user shall not be able to use the GSDX plugins as they are DirectX only; therefore, the graphics are not as good in many cases. Moreover, specific knowledge is required to compile and configure PCSX2 there on Linux for your system. Keep in mind that this chose based on your preferences and not on the difference in speed and visuals.
PCSX2 Lag Fix for Windows 10
Many users have reported extensive lag while playing PS2 games on Windows 10. Below is a fix for this problem:
- Update your PC to the latest version of Windows 10 available.
- Go to “Power Settings” and turn on everything to “High Performance“.
- Make sure to have your dedicated graphics card set to “Primary“.
- All done, the lag should be fixed now. Happy gaming!
More tutorials for Windows 10 with easy instructions:
- How to Send Free Text Message from Windows 10 PC.
- 10 Best Android Emulators for Linux – Run Android Apps and Games on Linux.
- How to Remove “Activate Windows 10” Watermark.
- How to Download Videos from Any Website in Chrome/Firefox 2020.
- How to Activate Windows 10 For Free using CMD and Without Key.
- How to Download Multiple Files from a Folder/Directory in an FTP Site.
Which Playstation 2 Games are you playing on PC in 2020?
I hope I haven’t bored you with so much information. However, this was how you could install and Configure PCSX2 on Windows 10. This will allow you to play Playstation games on PC 2020 without a problem. There are also other emulators for MAC to play games.