Apple has released the ios 14 that is the fourteenth major release of the ios software update for your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Many upgrades are seemed to be coming your way with the new update. Follow through the article to know how to download and install iOS 14 Public Beta Profile on your iPhone and enjoy many new features like new photo and video editor, a dark mode for all, a reminder application, improved maps application that comes with google maps street views like around feature, performance improvements and much more.
Now before you download the ios 14 updates there on your iPhone lets us see what steps are required to install the update on your iPhone:
- iOS 14 14 compatible devices
- Install iOS 14 Public Beta Profile
- Prepare for the iOS 14 update
- Backup your iDevice
- How to download and install iOS 14 wirelessly over the air (OTA)
- How to download and install iOS 14 using PC or MAC
iOS 14 Public Beta Profile Device Compatibility
The ios 14- 14 can support the following devices:
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
- iPod Touch 7th generation
Before you update your phone with the new version of iOS 14, we recommend you to check on how to prepare your phone and what tips must be kept in mind before the upgrade is done.
It’s always good to have a backup of your device if, in terms, anything goes wrong. Likewise, we recommend you to have a backup of your iPhone before updating to iOS 14. Keep in mind that if you wish to encrypt your backup through iTunes, then along with the standard data, you need to secure information like passwords are others are also backed up. You can also have a backup of your iOS device through iCloud or iTunes.
Note: As this is a very major iOS software update, therefore, we recommend you take iTunes backup. Thus, you have an option to restore the iOS 13 compatible backup data.
How to Install iOS 14 Beta Profile on iPhone & iPad (Step-by-Step)
- First of all, download the iOS 14 Beta Profile. Alternatively, you can also sign up for the Apple Beta Program.
- When you click the “Download link” you will be prompted with a messaged which will say (The website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?). Tap on “Allow.”
- Now go to the “Settings” App, and under your profile, you will see a new option called “Profile Downloaded” tap on that.
- Here you will see the iOS 14 Beta Profile and on the top right corner tap on “Install” in bold.
- That’s it! Your Beta Profile is now installed, and you will receive the iOS 14 OTA update on your phone shortly. It usually comes within 5-10 minutes.
Downloading iOS 14 with OTA (Over The Air Update)
Before you begin with the download process, you need to connect your device with a power source so that the battery does not drain out during the process of update. For the update to download and install, it can take from a few minutes to an hour, depending on how the apple’s servers are handling the load and your internet connection. You can also connect your iPhone with the local wifi network, so you do not get charged for downloading the update over the cellular connection.
- As you are plugged in and connected through wifi, you need to open the settings application and then click on general > software update. Automatically iOS shall look for the updates available and shall inform you about the availability of iOS 14 updates.
Note: If somehow you are interested in jailbreaking, then you need to install the update via iTunes, as we are aware of the fact that the OTA updates are known to give in problems while jailbreaking.
- Now you are going to be presented with a screen that shall provide details regarding the new features as well as improvements in the iOS 14. Click on download and install to download iOS 14 updates and fit in there on your iPad or iPhone
If somehow you get tired with waiting for the download to finish as it can take some time, in this, there is nothing you can do besides waiting. Your iPad or iPhone shall continue with downloading the update and will send in a notification as the update gets ready. You need to go back to settings > general > software update and then click on install now to get the ios 14 installed on your device.
Install iOS 14 Beta Profile from your PC
If you are not getting the new iOS 14 updates through OTA, then users can also install it manually by downloading the software update there from the official download links that are provided below and use iTunes to update your iOS device manually. You might also need to install the update through iTunes if you do not have storage space on your iPhone device for the OTA update.
Now on a MAC with the macOS Catalina 10.15, you need to open the folder. On a Mac, with the macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier or on a computer PC, you need to open iTunes. If the user is using iTunes, then he needs to be sure of using the latest version.
- In the first step, you need to connect your iOS device with your computer system through a USB cable. Then wait for iTunes to open and connect with your device.
- If you are using iTunes, then you need to click on the device button there to the left of the iTunes store button present in the top right corner. If you are using Finder, then you need to check it on your device there under locations.
- After this, you need to click on the check for an update directly without even holding down on the shift key or option key. If somehow the ios 14 update is available, then it shall be download and updated automatically on your device to 14.
- After this, you are going to receive a popup message that informs you regarding the new update that it is available. Then you need to click on the download and update button. For the software update to be rolled out on all the servers, then at times it may take some time, if it says that the older version of iOS is the latest, then you need to download the right firmware file from the links.
- If till now iOS 14 is available then you can skip this step
You need to download the firmware file for the device by clicking on the iOS 14.3 IPSW download link for your iPhone. The download file is 2 GB depending o your device.
Note: keep in mind that if your downloading firmware files via safari, then you need to make sure that the auto unzips feature is disabled, or you can use Firefox or Google Chrome.
Once the firmware has been downloaded, then you need to shift the key or the option key (Mac) and then check on the “check for update.”
Note: Do remember to click on the check for the update button and not restore iPhone to avoid repairing your iPhone and set up the device all over again.
- You shall see a popup message that informs users that iTunes shall update your device to ios 14 and also verify with apple. Hit the update button.
- It will then show the release notes for ios 14. Click on the Next button and then click on the Agree button for the terms and conditions.
- Firmware fill is going to be downloaded by iTunes. Once the file is downloaded, it shall process it, extract the software, prepare the device for the software update, and then install the update.
- Kindly do not disconnect your device till the update gets finished. It may take some time. The equipment shall be updated to ios 14 and rebooted once or twice during the entire process. After this, you will see the while hello screen once updated successfully. To start using the device, you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
iOS 14 Source Code Download
iOS 14 early source code has leaked according to Vice. This has given hackers an early look into Apple’s new mobile OS. The great part is that a jailbreak will be on its way too. This is because they will find vulnerabilities allowing access to modify the File System. Various hackers have given online news sources a copy of iOS 14 so they can review and make sure it is legit.
They have leaked various features including new home screen design, Apple Pencil API, wallpapers, and more security features for Key Chain.
UPDATE: According to a Twitter account (The Jailbreak Hub), the official iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta profile was leaked and some users installed it. However, it was taken offline shortly after.
UPDATE #2: iPhoneOS 14 has now been officially revealed by Apple in its WWDC conference online.
UPDATE #3: iOS 14 Developer Beta 1 is out and some new features are below:
- New Home Screen with widgets
- iMessage group chat improvements
- Redesigned and smarter Siri
- Picture in Picture mode
- App Clips
This update has been a real joy to install on my iPhone and certainly has refreshed the way I use my device because of the new changes. What are your thoughts on this release?
UPDATE #4: iOS 14 Public Beta 2 is now out and you will be receiving an OTA notification.
UPDATE #5: iOS 14 Public Beta 3 is now out with a totally new Music Icon, a bundle of new changes and bug fixes.
UPDATE #6: iOS 14 Beta 4 has now been released by Apple with a new Apple TV widget, improvements for search, Exposure Notification API settings menu update and 3D Touch has now been enabled again on devices supported in the past.
UPDATE #7: iOS 14 Beta 5 is now available to testers with changes to widget permissions, includes hidden photo albums, exposure API updates, faster performance and a new Alarm Clock Wheel.
UPDATE #8: iOS 14 Beta 6 is now released with support for Spatial Audio. There is a totally new Maps splash screen which brings new features such as Speed Cameras. The Alarm app has also had a refresh with its timer settings toggle.
UPDATE #9: iOS 14 Beta 7 is now available for download with new Dark Mode Rainbow Wallpapers for Pride. This is the most major change you will notice in this release. It also comes with AirPods Banner now fixed along with App Library improvements.
More useful articles for iPhone and iPad:
- Top 8 Best Live TV Apps for Android and iPhone in 2021.
- How to Download Free Full MP3 Songs Online.
- How to Secure your iPhone and iPad from Hackers (iOS Security Guide).
- 9 Best Free Hacking Apps for iPhone Free Download (2021 Edition).
- How to Download and Install iOS 13 on your iPhone.
Are you going to try the Public Beta for iOS 14?
I have added everything you need to know on how to install the iOS 14 Beta Profile on your iPhone and iPad when it comes out! Do let us know if you have any alternative methods of installing the beta profile so everyone can get their hands on iOS 14 without needing a developer account.