If we say that we can delete a skype account permanently, then it does not seem to be quite possible. If you do not want to use your skype account anymore, then what you can do is remove all the personal information from the skype database, and this makes it almost impossible for the other users to discover your account. Keep reading this page to learn how to delete your skype account on Android or iPhone mobile.
If we remember, skype used to be the best application for video chats. It used to be the master of all the applications. However, other similar programs have appeared in the market. Today, skype is not used and preferred like it was in previous times. The fact behind skype losing its fame is that Microsoft currently owns it, and its potential is not suitable for your software.
It is difficult to entirely remove a skype account, unlike the other applications that we seem to have. In other cases, you need to deactivate your account to delete it. You can also unlink your skype account from your Microsoft account.
What is Skype Account Deletion?
Skype, as mentioned above, is currently owned by Microsoft. Microsoft has made closing a skype account much complicated than it takes to create one. We understand that no online provider would advertise on how to remove the account alternative entrance and center. It takes many steps to delete a skype account permanently. You need to:
- Eliminate payment methods
- Cancel any subscription that you may have
- Unlink Microsoft consideration out of your skype
- If you have a skype number, then you must cancel it
- You need to update your mood message
- Remove details that are personally identifiable from your skype profile
- You can set your status to invisible or offline
- You need to sign out from skype on all the devices
In this guide, we will help you on how to delete your skype account properly with the necessary steps permanently. The only best method to permanently remove your skype account is by contacting skype customer care that can be done free online
It takes more than just logging in and pressing a key somewhere to delete a skype account permanently. The first thing that is recommended by skype is that you remove all the private information out of your account. Then you need to sign in into the skype site and delete all the personal information (name, phone number, and the area from your account). This all shall prevent anyone from utilizing your data and finding your skype account.
Moreover, you must include an email that is not related to you and set it as the primary email for your skype account. After this, you can remove the first email address so that nobody will be able to find your skype account by searching your email address.
SEE ALSO: How to Stop and Disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10.
Is a Microsoft Account better than a Skype Account?
If you have signed in your skype account with a Microsoft account, then it shall have a lot of consequences as when you close your skype account, , then it shall delete its linked Microsoft account. This would not be anything that you would like or want as your Microsoft account is key to outlook.com, Xbox live, one drive, and other Microsoft services.
However for all the users out there who have signed up for a skype account with their Microsoft account need to unlink the reports to make sure of uninterrupted use of their Microsoft account after their skype account is no more.
SEE ALSO: How to Bypass and Remove BIOS Password in Windows 10/8/7.
The downside of deleting your Skype Account
When you delete a skype account permanently, then along with that, your data is also removed. This data includes your skype contacts, your purchase, and even your chat history. It would at least 30 days for your name to disappear from the skype directory, as claimed by Microsoft. After this period, no one would be able to locate you on skype. However, your name will be displayed in the contact list of your friends unless and until they remove it, but they would not be able to contact you.
SEE ALSO: How to Fix Kernel Check Security Failure Error in Windows 10/11.
How to Delete Your Skype Account 2022
To delete your skype account permanently, you need to delete the personal information available on the account. For this, you need to follow the steps:
- In the first step, you need to sign in to your skype account
- Now click on your username there in the menu bar
- Then click on manage,
- A browser shall open and direct you towards your profile page
- Now go the “personal information” section
- Then click on the edit button.
- Now clear your skype profile from your details.
SEE ALSO: How to Remove Your Phone (YourPhone.exe) from Windows 10/11.
Method 1: Modify the Skype Avatar
Another thing that you can do to delete your skype account permanently is by modifying your skype avatar. For this, you can follow the steps:
- In the first step, you need to sign in to your skype account
- Then select the profile and click on the avatar option
- You can now choose for a new display image
- Then delete your skype account from the login screen
- Now you need to type run and hit the enter button
- Now type %appdata%\Skype and click on OK.
- Then delete the folder that carries the same name as your Skype account
- Now you need to remove your username from the skype directory
- Finally, reboot your system
Method 2: Remove all of your Skype profile data
If you do not want others to find you in the skype directory, then what you can do is remove your details from your skype profile and perform other activities as discussed below:
Change your Profile image to something blank
- In the first step, you can change the display image that is the key feature to identify you on skype. For this, you need to tap on my information on skype for iOS
- Now click on your display image and then select “remove profile picture.”
For Mac, you can follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to click on the camera icon in the profile picture preview
- Now browse for a different picture and replace it with a generic mug shot image.
SEE ALSO: How to Fix Sedlauncher High Disk/CPU Usage Windows 10.
Update your Status
You can leave a polite message by updating your status. In this way, your contacts would see that you are no longer active on the skype service. For this, you can follow the steps:
- In the first step for iOS, you need to tap on my information
- Now click on enter mood message to update your status on skype
Set your Online Status as Invisible
You can set your status to invisible for people to no longer see you skype. For this follow the steps:
- In the first step, you need to click on my information
- Then click on the status on skype for iOS or click on fie
- For Mac, you need to click on change status
- Now you can set your status to offline or invisible
Keep in mind that as the last step, you need to log out from the device in which you were using skype.
SEE ALSO: How to Change Facebook Theme and Colour.
Have you deleted your Skype Account Yet?
In this guide, we have discussed how you can delete your skype account permanently. We have discussed various methods for you to adopt the one that best suits you. We also show you how to delete multiple skype accounts and unlink them from a Microsoft account.