If you are a Hacker or ever wanted to be one then you must know about Kali Linux which is a complete Paradise for hackers. But if you are totally new to Kali Linux and don’t know anything about it. No worries! I’m going to give you a very brief explanation about Kali Linux which you need to know as a beginner. To begin, you will need a Kali Linux Download for a 64-Bit ISO file, luckily we have all the versions for your needs including the latest one.
These two gentlemen work in Offensive Security and they rewrote the BackTrack for their previous testing of information security based on Knoppix which is also a Linux distribution. The third core or main developer named Raphaël Hertzog merged the other creators as Debian expert. It is one of the top Linux distros used for hacking.
Kali Linux Penetration Testing OS Review
There is a very big confusion between some of the users regarding Kali Linux. They think that Kali Linux is basically Application software but for your information, it is an Operating System (OS). This OS consists of different tools and sub-applications that can be used by the security experts for launching and detecting Penetration testing. In short, it is an OS that contains all of the products or tools which are required for performing several security activities.
The main objective of Kali Linux is to offer a system that consists of all security products such as the Perfect Command line, Meta-packages control, and other security services. Kali Linux can also be installed or you can say embedded into any USB storage device and can be used directly from it.
There are some people who do not think of Kali as a good Linux distribution, as it has a very limited responsibility, but still, Kali Linux consists of a class because of which it is not only a beneficial product but a very amazing invention to give all the security tools to a security expert in one platform. You can also add or install any other tool which is not available in Kali Linux from different sites.
Kali Linux is really good for new users who want to become Penetration testers and security experts in different aspects of computer security. Its graphical interface makes it easier for newbie users to understand its every option and their work.
As I have said before that Kali Linux is a full-fledged operating system. It also consists of a Browser, Media Player, and all other traditional accessories just like the Windows Operating System. But I would suggest you not install it on your PC as a fixed Operating System because it will be difficult for you because you are new to this OS. There are many other Operating Systems with all new features with all-new functions. You can install any of those OS and then install Kali Linux in it.
Kali Linux 2019.2 Latest Features
Now we are going to discuss some of the basic features of Kali Linux which you should know before installing it. These basic features are as follows:
- The first feature of this amazing OS is its low system specifications or requirements.
- This specific OS is supported by both 64 and 32 Bit Operating Systems.
- This OS is loaded with desktop applications just like in Windows.
- The basic feature of this OS is that it is an inclusive security testing platform.
- It’s another feature due to which it is popular is its advisability for the audience who perform Penetration testing.
- It’s another feature is that you can deploy different multiple tools at the same time with an easy approach.
- This OS is totally accessible because of its available visibly impaired people.
- The key feature of this OS is its Open-source project.
- It also consists of customization and automation which can be done by the users for their ease.
- It comes with the latest hacking tools such as Wireshark, Cain and Abel, fgdump, ophcrack, THC-hydra, L0phtCrack, etc.
- The last and very important feature which makes this OS best for Security experts is its all-inclusive features for Vulnerability and Security testing.
Also Download: Commando VM – Windows Hacking Operating System.
Kali Linux 2019.2 Free Download 32 Bit and 64 Bit ISO Images
Before installing any software or Operating System you should read its product details because it contains all of the information which is required by the user to understand the Software’s specifications, requirements, and authors.
- OS Name: Kali Linux.
- Type or Genre: Operating System.
- Name of the ISO File: Kali_Linux_1.0.9_64.iso and Kali_Linux_1.0.9_86.iso.
- Date Updated: 26 May 2019.
- Type of setup: Bootable Images.
- Developers: Kali.org
- ISO Size: 2.90 GB
- Product License: Freeware.
- Compatibility: 64 Bit and 32 Bit.
Minimum System Requirements:
- RAM: 512 MB
- Intel-Processor 2.0 GHz Dual-core or faster.
- 4GB Disk Space.
- Graphics: Integrated Intel or AMD graphics chipset 64 or 128 MB.
As we know that Kali Linux is available for both 32 Bit and 64 Bit operating system type. So I am going to give you two links which are for both x86 and x64-Bit Operating system.
These links are as follows:
Kali Linux 2019.2 32-Bit ISO Download Link
Kali Linux 2019.2 64-Bit ISO Download Link
Kali Linux on Vmware and Virtual Box
Like every other operating system, this can also be installed to be a virtual machine. You can either use the ISO images to install it using virtualization software. However, the process is a bit different for Vmware and Virtual Box.
Update: Kali Linux 2019.2 was just released and this page has been updated accordingly.
Kali Linux 2019.3 Released (Download): Here’s What’s New
Kali Linux 2019.3 has been released with a bundle of improvements below are the following changes:
- Kali Status: They have released a status page that shows all Kali Linux public services and how they are performing.
- Metapackagaes: Grouping of tools is now changed and have been grouped as follows: Kali-Linux-default, Kali-Linux-large, and Kali-Linux-everything.
- Helper Scripts: It comes with new scripts that help you find your packages much more quickly.
Alternatively, you can enter the following command and it will update automatically: (apt update && apt -y full-upgrade).
Kali Linux 2019.4 Released (Download) – Big Update
Below are the new changes released with Kali Linux 2019.4 release.
- Kali Linux comes with a GNOME desktop environment and a GTK3 theme.
- Lots of performance issues and UI fixes have been released.
- Kali Undercover: This is a new feature released to make you hide your hacking activities quickly.
- The new update has also brought Powershell to Linux.
Kali Linux 2020.1 Released (Download) – Major Improvements
Kali Linux team has again amazed us by keeping its operating system updated. They have just released this year’s latest 2020.1 release. It has the following new features:
- Non-Root: The default root/toor account is no longer set when you install Kali. There will be an unprivileged account.
- Kali Single Installer Image: Downloads an offline version of the OS which is being used by many people and is standard. It allows users to select their chosen set of tools to install. This also includes live images, ARM images, ISO images and more.
- NetHunter Images: Guess what? This is the best part! You are not required to have your phone to be rooted any more to have Kali Linux NetHunter installed.
- Kali Linux Themes: There is official GNOME theme support now in Kali Linux 2020.1.
- New Tools: New tools have been added including cloud-enum, emailharvester, splinter, and sherlock.
Kali Linux 2020.2 Update Released (ISO Download)
A new update has been released by the team behind Kali called “2020.2“. It was released on May 12 and comes with the following changes and improvements:
- KDE Plasma Makeover and Login: This brings back the look and feel of the true backtrack OS look and feel with XFCE and GNOME. It brings the KDE Plasma and brings dark mode to Kali which was a theme requested a lot by the community. I would also recommend checking out Linux material inspired themes for your distro.
- PowerShell by Default: Before you had to install PowerShell to be able to use it in the network repository. it now comes by default all you have to do is run the following in a terminal: sudo apt install -y kali-linux-large.
- Kali on ARM Support: There is no more need for the super account to log in. It can now be run on ARM devices using “sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales“.
- Installer Package changes: The new changes include the removal of the notorious “kali-linux-everything” when you are doing the installation. There has been a cache implemented in various desktop images.
- New Icons: There has been a complete overhaul this time with Kali bringing new dark-mode and even new icon themes to bring the OS more to life.
- Bug Fixes: There have been various infrastructure changes that include a new server to speed up their backend.
How to Update Kali Linux to 2020.2:
Follow the below if you already have the previous release installed:
- Launch a terminal from the dock.
- Now run the following commands in the sequence they are written:
- echo “deb http://.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list
- sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade
- [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ] && sudo reboot -f
- That is all done now. You can confirm this using the “uname -r” command.
Kali Linux 2020.3 Update Now Available (ISO)
A full new update has been released called ”2020.3”. It comes with various changes to its mobile version (Kali NetHunter). The changes include:
- Kali NetHunter now comes with a full Bluetooth arsenal. This has a variety of Bluetooth hacking tools which are pre-configured and it also supports an external adapter. It can be used for activities such as spoofing and reconnaissance.
- There has been support for newer phones added including Nokia 3.1 and 6.1).
- Visual improvements have been made to the Kali GNOME desktop with new icons that are now themed.
- A new shell has been added for the offing. It now officially supports ZSH in the default shell.
- Support for devices with ARM devices has drastically improved by adding 19 images. This was made possible because of the build scripts.
- Further environment improvements include Win-Kex to keep a persistent GUI between these two OS.
Kali Linux 2020.4 ISO Released
Every few months Kali releases updates to their most famous distro. This is no exception and now they have released one of the biggest updates of the year.
- New Shell: They have now made ZSH the default shell of the distro.
- Shell revamped: The shell has now been revamped from the ground up.
- Amazon AWS image updates: Kali is now also available on GovCloud with its default command-line tools.
- Packaging Guides: They have now added a ton of documentation for tool creators to submit their tools in the Kali repository.
- Virtualisation: VMWare Vagrant users are in for a treat as support has now been officially announced.
Update: We have now fixed the problem that was stopping the ISO downloads from happening. Please also note that you will now need a torrent client to get the Kali images.
Kali Linux ISO 2021.1 ISO Released
Below is a list of changes in this upgrade:
- The default available desktop environment on Kali Linux has been updated to Xfce 4.16.
- All the different terminals available have received bug fixes and improvements.
- Now you will also start to see tools from BC Security and Joohoi.
- Kali ARM support for M1 Macs is also in the works and progress has been made.
Important: Various links have been added/removed as they are no longer officially available.
Kali Linux 2021.2 ISO Image now available
The new Kali Linux is already out and available to install. Below are the new improvements and features you can now enjoy:
- Now you can run apps in a Container using Kaboxer 1.0.
- Kali now has its own built-in tweak designer called “Kali-Tweaks v1.0”
- New tools have been added which include Ghidra, CloudBrute, Dirsearch and Pacu.
Kali Linux 2021.4 released with a new hacking tool
Consistent releases and updates are what keep Kali ahead of its competitors such as Parrot-OS. This release is very brief and includes new tools that emerged. Below are the changes in full:
- Support and compatibility for Raspberry Pi Zero 2.
- Images for USBArmory based on ARM.
- Addition of Social Engineering ToolKit.
- A new theming engine based on Kaboxer.
- Support for Samba Server exploitation.
- Support for new Apple M1 laptops.
In today’s complete guide we discussed a very famous Operating System which is used for performing Penetration and Vulnerability testing. This amazing software can also be used for hacking which is totally illegal. However, I do recommend watching the Kali Linux Hacking Tutorial before downloading and installation. But this software is also used by Ethical hackers also known as Anti-Hackers. This OS consists of all tools which are required by Security Experts to keep computer systems safe from different threats.
In my opinion, Kali Linux is the best option if it comes to Security and Vulnerability testing. You also install different tools singularly to perform these specific tasks. So why don’t you make a good decision and select this OS which consists of all those tools which you are required to perform those testing? Kali Linux can also be used for performing different tasks such as (Wireless attacks, Password attacks and much more).