Do you ever wonder to know where exactly the person you’re talking to is located? Are they actually who they tell to be? To find answers to such queries, you can have that particular person click on a unique link. Like this, you shall be able to see their IP address, and that will help you locate their rough location. This is achieved from using tools such as IP Grabbers and IP Loggers.
Today we will be teaching you how to track and trace someone’s IP Address and Location.
What is IP Address Tracking, and how does it work?
There is nothing significant about following such a process. Whenever users access an online resource, then the server can see their unique IP address. The IP addresses are tied towards the rough geographic areas.
However the popular websites do not show the IP address of the particular person, but if you were hosting your webserver, then you can see it by yourself. According to the method you are going to use an online service that can wrap a real link for you thus tracking the IP address that can access it before sending the person towards the real target of the relationship.
The process certainly has some limitations. Today anyone can mask their location by using a VPN, but even if they are, there are chances that the VPN will indicate a different place from where they claim to be.
If you are not aware from where the person claims to be from and are just trying to find out whether they fake or genuine, then you will need to convince the person to tell where he or she is before sending them the link. Such a conversation is not that tough; you need to have tactics to draw out the required information. Moreover, the internet, by default asks for a location as a part of the online discussion. How many of you remember regarding the A/S/L?
As you get the required information, you can now prepare to send the person a digital file. You can add anything to the cloud storage link like a picture, a word document etc. If somehow you are dealing with a scammer then he is going to ask you to send something as part of a scam. You might want to send a picture if you are dating online. As you are ready to ship the file, you shall need to wrap the standard link with an IP tracking service.
Thus that process will create a link that is for tracking. To hide it you will need to use another service as you will not like if the other person spots your trick.
SEE ALSO: Top 4 Best IP Address Grabbers/Loggers.
How to Trace IP Address and Location (2020 Edition)
In this guide, we shall tell you how you can create a link that will go towards one of your pictures or files. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to upload a file to dropbox or Google drive that is a cloud service. If you are not sure that the person with whom you are interacting is lying about his location, then you are not supposed to use any main account that you have. To overcome this, you can create a second throwaway account if you do not have one already.
- Once your file has been uploaded, you can now create a shareable link using the website.
- When you are in the Google drive, you need to click right on the file and then choose “shareable link.”
- Now you need to move your mouse over the data and then select to share it in the dropbox.
- This is the link on which your scammer shall land on at the end of the process. You are not allowed to share this link with them. Itself it tells us nothing.
- Instead of this, you can go to the IP logger website.
- Over here you can paste your URL into the “URL and image Shortener” filed.
- Now you need to click on the “get IP logger code” button present below it.
- Then the next screen is going to give you an “IP logger link for collecting statistics” and a “link for viewing the statistics”.
- You need to copy the “viewing statistics” link towards a safe spot
- This is something you are going to use to see the particular person’s IP address and locations afterwards
- The relationship that is for “collecting statistics” is indeed the one with IP tracking on it
- The iplogger.com link definitely will be given to your recipient, unfortunately.
- To hide what you are doing; what you can do is use a URL shortening service.
- The shortening services however do not like the IP loggers URL’s and generate errors
- To do this, you need to click on the iplogger.com drop-down to the right of “select a domain name” and choose “2no.co” for your domain
- The tracking link present at the top shall update
- You need to copy that new link
- Now you need to go to bit.ly. If you want and prefer you can also try another shortening service. We tested one with bit.ly so if you do not have an account you can make one.
- Then you need to click on the create button that is present in the upper right-hand corner of the bit.ly website.
- Now you need to paste your 2no.co tracking link into the “paste long URL box
- Then click on the “create” button.
- As now you have a bit.ly link you can give it to the potential scammer
- Now you need to click on the copy button to quickly retrieve it.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address using just a Link
You need to send the link to the person with whom you are talking to as a standard link. Once you have sent you to need to go back to the IP logger. Then copy the viewing statistics and paste it into your browser.
Now you will see list IP addresses that have accessed the link, what browser they are using and possibly from what location are they from.
You need to keep one thing in your mind that this will not tell you anything. You will not be able to locate the person if he or she is using a VPN or any similar technology. However, there is another tool that can be used to find people who are not who they claim to be. You need to walk away if your tracking results show a different country then your expectations as it is for the best of your interest.
One more method:
One of our readers suggested that the use of special malicious cookies can also help reveal a location of a visitor to a certain page on a site. These can be sites specially designed to capture such information.
Recommend PC tracking utilities:
How are you tracking IP Addresses?
In this tutorial, we have taught about how you can use IP grabber to track someone’s IP Address and location and tend to see whether they are who they are claiming to be. Please use the tool wisely; we will not be held responsible for any damage you may cause by following this guide. However, there are also other ways of tracking IP Addresses using the command prompt too!