Are you a frequent social media user? If yes, then this page will help you fix the error of why Facebook is opening slow in 2022. There are various reasons why it might be slow-going on your iPhone app or Android.
Now first things first before using the new technologies explained below; you need to be sure that your computer system can process its order and effectively read all the files it carries. Now we have seemed to find out that many potential problems lead to your Facebook loading slow. To put it in short in wish to resolve problems your computer system may have, you need to fix all such issues in the best way out.
General Causes of why Facebook Runs Slow
We all know that this social media site gets updated and optimized regularly, but one of the biggest reasons behind this problem is how your system will be unable to process the settings that are required for it to run. To overcome such issues, it is recommended that you use a program that can repair any of the issues that your PC may carry.
Why is my Facebook Opening Slow? 5 Tips To Fix Your Problem
Disable third-party toolbars
The first thing you can do is disable any third-party toolbars that you have got installed there on your web browser. It has been seen that the extra extensions to the like of Firefox or Chrome slowdowns your system’s ability to process the settings that it requires to run. This is usually caused by bloating the web browser and resolved by wiping off any third-party extensions that you may have installed. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
To disable toolbars in Mozilla Firefox follow:
- In the first step, you need to open Firefox
- On top of the window, you need to click on the Tools menu and click on add-ons
- Here you need to click on the extensions panel or the plugins panels
- You need to select the add-ons that you want to disable
- Hit the disable button
To disable toolbars in Google Chrome follow:
- In the first step, you need to open Google Chrome.
- Then in the address bar, you need to type chrome://extensions/
- After this, you can disable any extension you want.
Now, this shall remove all the extensions that may slow down any of the apps from working. This is seemed to be an effective method in making your system run smoothly. This generally fixes the issue of it being very unresponsive on Chrome.
Use a VPN Service to Open Facebook
Now another reason for such a problem to occur is your internet connection. If you have a slow internet connection, then it is going to bug you a lot in opening various apps, including Facebook. Now, if other sites are opening in the usual ways, then keep in mind that it is a massive site that carries a lot of data. This requires more load, more resources before becoming entirely usable.
Now the point is that you have an internet connection that is fast still FB is opening slow; in such a case, it is recommended that you use a VPN. It shall route your connection towards a different server and change the way you connect. You can use a service like HMA! Pro to access FB.
VPN shall not face the same issue, and Facebook will open fine even if your ISP’s server is seeing some difficulties, plus the best part about using a VPN is that it makes your connection all secured, keeps your data protected, and shall be able to avoid any location restrictions.
Try another Browser or Re-install the existing one
This is a straightforward yet secure method. What you can do is simply re-install your web browser to be sure that the system is going to process all the files along with the settings that are required to run. Many new browsers become bloated, thus making your PC run slow with many problems. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to click on start and then select the control panel.
- In here, you need to click on “Add/ remove programs” or “uninstall a program.”
- Then click on the web browsing list
- Hit remove
- Follow the installation process on your system
- Then restart your computer system
- Finally, download a new version of the browser and install it there into your system.
RELATED READ: How To Change Your Facebook Profile Color and Theme in 2022.
Clean Your Browser Cache
Now internet cache is where your system stores all the files, images as well as settings that allow it to reload the sites in a faster way. To put the long story short, you need to clean out all the cache there on your browser to make your website work fast. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you need to load your browser
- Then click on tools or option
- After this, you need to locate the precise browsing data
- Finally, select clear internet cache
Extra Solutions you could try:
- Try changing WiFi connections and see if you are getting a strong signal.
- Re-install the app on your devices and maybe also update them to the latest releases.
- Check if your phone or PC is not running low on resources has enough RAM and CPU power to handle the load.
- Close any other apps that are open in the background.
2 Ways To Make Facebook Load Faster
#1 – Fix Slow Chrome
If you are still using internet explorer then you need to change. You should use Firefox or Chrome and use an Adblocker. This will make sure your images and your news feed loads quickly and does not slow down your PC or Mobile. Unnecessary ads slow down your processor and use resources along with using your internet bandwidth.
#2 – Disable Video Autoplay – Makes it faster on phones
This is a feature that is by default turned “On”. As you are scrolling through your feed watching and looking at photos, videos will be autoplaying putting a strain on your internet. This will make sure no videos are running once you have scrolled past them.
Is your Facebook Still Opening Slow?
It is very confident that at this point, you have asked yourself thousands of times, why is Facebook so slow in 2022?. Various users have experienced it suddenly, and some have started to feel on multiple platforms, including PC, iPhone, and on their Android phones. You can check any updates regarding proper maintenance and any announcements here.