I am pretty sure you have heard about Kodi when it comes to watching movies and TV shows on the web! Today, I am going to show you how to Install and Setup Kodi on Windows, Mac and Android.
Kodi is a totally free and open-source media player or a software which can be used to play different sorts of media. This application has been developed and created by the company named “XBMC Foundation”. Kodi is available for almost every platform and for different sorts of Operating Systems (OS) and also for almost every hardware platforms.
This software is also known as the multi-platform home-theatre PC (HTPC) application. Kodi is a customizable software with a lot of variety of skins and appearances that can be changed according to your taste.
Kodi requires a 3D capable graphics hardware controller for the rendering of the media files. Powerful 3D GPU’s are required for the running of this app in your personal computer (PC) and all the other stuff related to this software.
Kodi is basically written in C++ language but the newer versions of this software are written in many other new languages which have made it a very efficient player with all new features and specifications.
This complete media player software allows its user to play any type of media files and also allows its user to play and watch the most popular streaming media over the internet such as videos, podcasts, music and every sort videos from the internet.
The latest update of this amazing software named as Kodi 18 has brought a lot of new features that improve the overall user experience of this amazing media player for streaming any type of media content.
For those who don’t know anything about how the Kodi works, it is a media player and you also have to download and install all of the Kodi repositories, required files and all of the required add-ons to stream all of the content.
Kodi! The name sounds really interesting, doesn’t it? Kodi is available for almost every one of the platforms including the every Operating System (OS).
Install & Setup Kodi for Windows 10
Kodi is very easy to install on the Personal Computer (PC) with the Microsoft Windows installed on that PC. There are some steps that you will have to follow to enjoy Kodi on the Personal Computer (PC):
- In order to download the original version of the Kodi application. You can download it from the official website of the Kodi and then you can click on the download options on the top right side of the menu.
- Then you will have to scroll down and choose the windows to download the Kodi for the Windows operating system.
- Then you will see the option for downloading the Kodi for 64-bit or the 32-bit version of windows. You can select any version according to your system requirements.
- Once you have finished downloading the Kodi for Windows, you can run the file and install it the way you install the other software or other applications.
- Kodi setup will also guide you the steps through which you can install this amazing software. You just have to follow the instructions given on the screen and then you are ready to enjoy the Kodi on laptop or Personal Computer (PC).
Install & Setup Kodi for Mac
Kodi is also available for the Mac or Macintosh users and if you are using a macOS device then it is a good software for you. Kodi is also a dedicated application for the Macintosh Operating System (MacOS). If you want to install Kodi on Mac, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website of the Kodi: Kodi.tv and from there you can select the “Download” button from the top right side of the website.
- Secondly, you will have to scroll down the website and choose the MacOS option to download the Kodi for Macbook.
- You will have to download the 64-bit version of the installer file for your Macbook.
- Once the file is downloaded, you can drag and drop it to the Applications folder and then you have to click on the application to open the Kodi.
Installing Kodi on Android (Nougat, Oreo, Pie, and Q)
You can also install the Kodi for your Android smartphone. In order to run the Kodi on the Android Platform, the XBMC the creator and developer of Kodi has provided an official Kodi app that can easily be downloaded from the Google Play Store available for Android.
The Kodi app which has been developed for the android also has the interface as it is for the Windows and the Mac version of the media player.
Now I am going to include some steps through which you can easily download the Kodi app for Android devices:
- First of all, you will have to open the Google Play store and type the keyword Kodi on the search section.
- Then the search result will be displayed on your screen and the official Kodi app will come up on the top of the screen. You can ensure that the software you are downloading the original one created by the XBMC company.
- Then simply install the Kodi app and now you are ready to stream movies, podcasts and live tv on your Android mobile devices.
Once you have finished downloading the app. You simply have to open the app and grant it the permission to access your device’s files. Then once you have installed this app you will just have to install some of the add-ons and other files which are required as the plug-ins of this application.
Kodi for iPhone (iOS)
I am feeling real to say this but actually, the Kodi is not officially available for the iPhone and IOS device users. According to the official website of Kodi, you will have to jailbreak your IOS device with IOS version of 6.0 or above in order to install the Kodi app. If you already have a jailbroken iPhone or any other IOS device then you can easily download the Kodi app for your IOS device by simply visiting the official website of the Kodi application.
Kodi app can also be installed in the IOS devices with the help of the third party application installers. But it can be slightly risky for your device and it can even damage your device or it could even get hacked easily by someone.
Extra Files Needed for Kodi
In order to run the Kodi properly, you will have to download and install all of the repositories and add on files to stream the content. You can find these add on files over the internet or you can simply download it from the official website of the Kodi application.
Kodi has a very big catalogue of the extra add-ons components which you can download and install in your installed Kodi application. Add-ons install with the applications when you download the latest version of the Kodi. They are also automatically updated whenever the new version of the Kodi is released. It is an app store of Kodi from where you can download the add-on files totally free without any cost. The audio-video add-ons of this app let you play or stream the content from the internet.
The skin add-ons allow you to change the look of your player and experience the whole new interface of this amazing application. Programs and services give you helpful tools through which you can use the software with a whole new experience. Web Services are there for controlling Kodi remotely.
- Rooster Teeth
- Kodi Android Installer
- HD Home Run
New additions of Add-ons are:
- RSI Play TV
- Aeon Nox: Silvio
- Aeon Tajo
- Aeon MQ 8
- Arcade (MAME 2010)
Now I am going to display some of the categories of the Add-ons that are supported by the Kodi application. These categories are:
- Audio Decoder
- Audio Encoder
- Context Menus
- Game Add-ons
- Image Decoder
- Information Providers
- Look and feel
- Music add-ons
- Picture add-ons
- Program add-ons
- PVR Clients
- Video add-ons
- Virtual file system
- Web interface.
Always use a VPN when you are using Kodi or any other media streaming player. This makes sure to keep your activities private and secure. Try to download torrents with IDM, this will make your download speed faster. We recommend HMA! Pro VPN for watching movies and using Kodi.
Download Kodi (Android, Windows, and iOS)
There are multiple sites out there from where you can get Kodi! However, there are fake ones that are spreading malware and viruses and just as a goodwill gesture. Here is the link to the official website for downloading Kodi.
Final Words – Is Kodi Configured now?
In today’s article, we discussed the amazing media player software Kodi along with its add-on files and discussed all the platforms that this amazing app supports. I hope you have learned how to install and setup Kodi Media Player. That was all the information that I could gather up linked with this media player.
Overall I have personally used this media player and it is really amazing for viewing online media content and enjoy watching online movies on any device that you own. Alternatively, you can also visit KAT Torrents download your desired media and enjoy watching on Kodi.
I hope this article helped you a lot. If yes then help us by sharing this article with others so they can also know about this amazing software.