There are certain times when you want your password to be visible. We will be showing you how to show/reveal passwords behind dots in your browser. To make the tutorial less painful and for people with less patience, we have also added a password dots to text converter too!
Browsers like Chrome and Firefox usually hide passwords behind the asterisks that are also known as three dots in simple words with the purpose of ensuring no passerby can steal away your password.
Maybe you made a mistake while you wrote down the password, and now you wish to see the error to correct it without entering the entire password all over again. To auto-fill the password fields, you may also depend on a lot of browsers built-in password manager. Thus there is a good chance that you forget your password. Follow through the article to get to know about different methods to reveal passwords quickly in your browser and even copy them.
Note: keep in mind that the password is hidden away to ensure that they are not stolen by someone who is standing behind you. Moreover, before using the following methods, make sure that nobody is there to peek in.
How to Reveal Passwords in Your Browsers Behind Dots – Convert Password Texts to Converter
Reveal A Password using Browser Developer Options
If you wish to reveal a password without the need for third-party utilities, then you are required to make a little edit in the script of the page. Whenever you find a password file, you need to click on it and then select “inspect element.”
- The inspect element, too, shall open, and you will be able to see certain complex text strings. Look for a line that starts with
<input type = “password.”>
- Once you find it, just double click on to edit and then replace the password with text. It must look something like this:
<input type = “text”>
- Now you need to close down the inspect element window, and your password shall be revealed. Here you copy or edit the password unless and until the page is again reloaded.
SEE ALSO: How to Track and Trace an IP Address and Its Location in 2022.
Reveal Saved passwords in Chrome
As you enter the password for a particular website, you quickly get the option to save it down in the list of passwords. The best part about this is that you can go to the settings of Chrome and see the list of all the saved passwords. Follow the steps below:
- For this, you need to click on the three-dotted menu that is there at the top right corner of the Chrome
- Then click on settings
- After this In the settings menu, you need to click on passwords to see the full list of saved passwords
- Now find the site you wish to reveal the password for in the list, then you need to click on the eye icon that is there at the right of the password column.
- Then enter the PIN or passwords in the window that pops up, and your password is going to show up in the very last.
- After this, when you click on the eye icon that is next to any password in the list, you shall be able to see the password at the same time.
Now keep one thing in your mind that if you have restarted your computer system, then you are required to enter the windows password to see the passwords again.
SEE ALSO: How to Hack Any MySQL Database Password Easily using SQL Injection.
- Use third party extension
Various third-party extensions are out there that shall let you reveal passwords with just one click of a button or automatically. If you somehow require revealing passwords quite often, then the extension is going to be the best solution for you with better results as well. You can try the following extension:
- Show Password for Chrome
You can show passwords by moving your mouse cursor over the password field.
- Show or hide passwords for Firefox
Every time you are going to type down a password, you shall get a browser option to show it.
SEE ALSO: Top 9 Best Microsoft Windows CMD Hacking Commands (2022 Edition).
- Show password for Opera
It can reveal all the password fields automatically.
- In the first step, you need to click on the star icon that is there next to the address bar in your browser to add a bookmark.
- Then on the following screen, you need to click more as you require to edit the bookmark before saving it:
- After this, you can go to any website, and where ever you see three dots despite a password, just click on the newly added bookmark, and passwords behind the asterisks shall appear on your screen.
SEE ALSO: How to Protect your Website from being Hacked (Tutorial).
Password Dots Stars (*****) To Text Converter
Well, this one is tough luck. The above techniques should help you convert your hidden passwords and reveal the true one behind the stars. The Inspect element trick is the best one in town, and it still works, having me personally testing it.
Recommend hacking tutorials and guides you should read:
- Top 4 Best IP Address Grabbers – Free IP Logging Tools.
- 11 Best Security Live CD Distros for Pentest, Forensics, and Hacking.
- How to Hack Email Passwords in 2022 – Email Account Hacking Tips and Secrets.
- How to Hack an Instagram Account in 2022 – Working and Tested.
- How to Hack a Facebook Account Email and Password in 2022.
So this was how to show passwords in your browser behind dots. We have also shared an online password dots to text converter. Be careful about where and how you use the methods above as they can also work against you too. If you want to reference how to find hidden passwords, LifeHacker has a great tutorial about it.